Two county council minute books 1912-1925; bound volumes with pasted-in printed minutes
brown glue staining on printed pasted-in minutes; oversized volumes, spines broken. Detached text blocks Earlier minute book in worse condition than second. Partially disbound.
- Remove leather spine linings.
- Clean up spine, reshape concave textblock.
- Paper conservation
- Binding repairs, restitching where required
- Reinforce cloth endpaper joints.
- Add new linen spine linings.
- Salvage marbled endpapers, reuse, or replace with similar period marbled endpapers.
- Lift off existing spine leather, consolidate with new leather reinforcements
- Create new springback spine board, place back original leather spine
- Paste, repair leather corners
- Add linen covering from period style blue cloth